Building a Mazda for Racing Competition - Membership Requirements
Are you a new competitor building your Mazda race car that has yet to compete in a sanctioned race?
Membership into our Mazda Motorsports Team Support Program (MTSP) is free; the five main benefits for approved members:
- Ability to buy Stock and Competition parts at special discounted rates.
- Access to Mazda Motorsports technical experts who assist our racers (aka competitors) in building and maintaining their Mazda race cars.
- Fast and affordable deliveries from our distribution centers throughout the country. We will help get you what you want, where you want (e.g., we can ship parts to the race track for Saturday delivery).
- Opportunity to compete against and with other Mazda racers. According to the SCCA, Mazda race cars account for nearly 60 percent of its total entries. How else will you have fun and learn without competition?
- Ability to purchase new Mazda road cars at a discount (see more on the S-Plan).
Before starting the new membership process, please be prepared to upload:
- A PDF or URL link to a non-password protected website of your current membership card or license with your race sanctioning body (e.g., Sports Car Club of America - SCCA, National Auto Sport Association NASA, etc.).
- An electronic photo copy of your Mazda under construction.
Maintaining Your Membership - Requirements:
The approval period for building a race car is 12 months - maximum. To maintain your membership privileges after that period, you must provide one race result from the previous 12 months. Results should be uploaded to the website. Once you are logged into your account, go to the “My Account” section, then click the “Add or Update Race Car Info” tab.
Parts Purchase Limitations:
- For stock parts purchases, you must call us to place an order until you have a race/event result within the past 12 months that has been approved. Until then, you can add part numbers to your shopping cart, but will need to call us to complete the order.
- Parts purchase is restricted to vehicles used in off-highway racing events only.
- Only components required for competition purposes may be purchased. There are a few exceptions to this policy, which include performance accessory items and car covers. Please call us to request assistance in purchasing these items. Examples of items excluded from ordering are air conditioning, audio, and interior trim.
- Solo/autocross competitors are restricted to purchasing drivetrain, suspension and brake components. Exterior (e.g., body panels, etc.) and interior components may not be purchased. If you have any questions about what components are restricted, please contact us.
- Mazda reserves the right to apply maximum order quantities on specific parts.
- All parts purchased are intended for use on Mazda race vehicles registered and approved for the MTSP. Mazda may terminate an MTSP account for violation of this policy.
For additional information about the MTSP registration process, please see FAQs or call 800-435-2508.
To begin the registration process, click New Member Registration